Sunday, October 5, 2008

We had a great time!

The day started out beautiful with sunny weather and temps in the 70s. I registered my pie and found a great place on the display table and got it ready to present. All of the contestants (there were 10 total) waited around for about 45 minutes till the 8 judges appeared. Everyone was watching closely as each presentation was looked at, smelled and tasted. When the judges were finished they handed in their clipboards...no one could tell if they were going to win. This was at 10:30 am. We still had 3 hours to go to find out who had won. My parents went with me for moral support as Keith and the boys went to San Jose to see an Entlebucher show. (An Entlebucher is a dog and Keith's dad is thinking about getting one.) The Elk Grove pumpkin festival was in full swing so we wandered around getting free stuff for the kids of course. At 1:20 we made our way back over to the stage and found a seat and waited for them to announce the winner. Third place went to a pumpkin pound cake with pumpkin orange whip cream. Second place went to a pumpkin tiramisu and first place went to a pumpkin coconut cheesecake. Congrats to those that won. Alas it wasn't me but I still feel honored that my recipe was chosen out of 30 recipes to be one of the 10 finalists. Maybe next time. If anyone wants the recipe let me know and I will post it. It is a very simple fresh pumpkin pie recipe.

No comments: